Friday, January 28, 2011

Silly project =)

Finished!  it looks like a fluffy bike helmet

This is my daughter's hat for their 100th day of school hat parade.  100 pompoms.  It was so much fun to make.

I have a hat that I made my father for his birthday that I'll have to show off later and I'm making another had for my brother-in-law's birthday.  Both are totally my own designs... I haven't seen anything just like them before.  So I'm kind of proud of them.  =)  My hubby's birthday is next week and I should make him something, but I'm totally clueless.  He won't wear a hat.  I'll figure something out I'm sure.

I also have a very, very busy week planned next week.  In April, I am participating in the American Heart Association's Start! Heart Walk.  My sister and I went to the team kick-off yesterday and they were giving us fundraising tips and I had a light bulb go off. I'm going to make some Valentine/heart themed stuff and sell it for donations.  All the proceeds will go towards the walk.  If I sell it for $10, $10 goes to the Heart Association.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I have a few ideas of what I'll make.  I'll have to be an obnoxious promoter if I'm going to sell it, but I feel much more comfortable being pushy when I'm begging for donations and people get something in return.  I mean... it's a win/win for the buyer - they help out a cause that EVERYONE should care about (you do have a heart, right?) and they get a handmade something or other out of it.  I found a hat pattern that I want to make to sell, but the designer specifically put on her site that she doesn't allow people to sell items made with the pattern.  I've emailed her to see if she'll make an exception in this case.  I think I'll make a couple fingerless gloves, some keychains... things I can whip up pretty quickly.  If it goes well, I'll continue it and possibly come up with some Easter themed stuff.  But needless to say, I need to get this stuff made in the next week so I have time to sell it. 

Stay tuned ;)

1 comment:

Sara said...

Fun! We did 100 day last week. Nothing as fun as a hat parade though. Thanks you for you kind comment at Tangled Happy. I am always happy to hear from new visitors. Hope to see you often! :)