Friday, January 21, 2011

Going cross-eyed

My Daddy's birthday is coming up.  He'll be the big 64.  Old man.  ;)  I've been thinking of different things I can make him.  My go-to item is a hat.  They're quick, they're pretty simple.  But what kind of hat?  The first thing that popped into my head was the Pillsbury Doughboy.  I wish I could give you a really good explanation for that, but I really can't.  I know he has at least one Doughboy shirt that we've given him, but why... I don't remember.  I couldn't find a pattern for a crocheted Doughboy hat or chef's hat, so I kept thinking.  I thought of just a basic earflap beanie, but that seems so boring.  Why does it have to be a novelty hat?  I don't know.  I guess that's my thing.  

I texted my sister and asked her for a suggestion.  Her suggestion?  Pillsbury Doughboy.

So... what to do?

Come up with my own pattern.  Heaven help me.

dough boy hat "chart"
I doubt even a professional crocheter would have a clue what this means
 
I was confusing myself, so I made myself a little chart.  I really can't tell you if it will work yet or not.  Hopefully, finger's (and eyes) crossed, it will look vaguely like this little poppin' fresh dude's hat.  Key word:  vaguely.  If I can figure it out, maybe I can make a mini one and then figure out how to make an amigurumi Doughboy.  THAT would be awesome.  


No comments: