Thursday, November 4, 2010

Meet Zoriah

I've been a terrible blogger lately.  I've been busy or sick or busy.  I spent the better part of two months making the girls' Halloween costumes.  It was crazy.  I don't think I'll ever pick such a large project to make three of.  Here's how they turned out:


I like Zoe's the best.  I loved the yarn... everything about it.  The colors, the self-striping... It made it much more fun than Olivia's hideous pink.  Not to mention that Olivia's yarn was a lighter weight so it just took forever.

Olivia was invited to a birthday party this weekend, and we picked out a cute amigurumi pattern for a doll to make her friend.  So meet tiny Zoriah:


She doesn't look anything like the real Zoriah.  I was going to at least give her dark hair like Zoriah, but Olivia insisted we use red.  I imagine I'll be making more of these in the future. 

I haven't been sewing at all lately.  Crocheting and knitting are just a lot easier for me to deal with right now.  Plus, it's getting colder out and I'm not really proficient in sleeves =)  I have a pattern for a knit skirt I want to try.  I bought some circular needles today for it and I have some gorgeous pink/gray/black yarn that should stripe up really nicely.

Well, that's about it for now!


No comments: