Friday, April 9, 2010

Welcome to FA

Hello, my name is Jennifer and I am a fabric addict. This is a fairly new addiction to me, but it's hit me hard and I'm afraid rehab might be my only option. The vacation away from home sounds pretty nice.

But I guess until they actually make a rehab for crafty addictions, I'll just share my sickness with the rest of the world, or the one or two people who might actually read this blog. At least it's a place for me to record what I did for future reference, assuming my project To Do list ever dwindles down to me needing to look for something to do.

When I was in 8th grade, my dream was to be a fashion designer. I had a sketch pad and colored pencils and would design all day long. But as I got older and started considering my career choices, I thought I'd be "practical" and go to college for psychology or something. Of course, here I am, a good (mumble mumble) years after graduating high school and I have no college degree. I probably would have been much better off pursuing fashion, but that would have led me down a much different road and I like where I am now, married to my cranky, goofy husband and mother to 3 clowns - girls ages 5, almost 4, and 2. I guess you could say I just decided to get all my childbearing over with at once.

I really didn't get into sewing much until around Christmas last year. I wanted to make matching skirts for my girls. Then I wanted to make skirts for presents. Then it just snowballed. I have yards of fabric with about a dozen projects planned for them (and some of them change before I get to them), I have a box full of clothing to be repurposed, I have all kinds of ideas dancing in my head at any given moment. But my time is limited. Small kids, full time job, no designated sewing area... I don't get to spend much time at it.

So come along for the ride and see what I cram into my short hours each week =)

No comments: