Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sometimes I impress myself

I wanted to make some dresses for my nieces for the summer. They live in upstate NY and we don't see them often (like once every few years..), so I wanted to do something nice for them. I started one tonight. No pattern, no tutorial. And it's actually looking like it will be super cute. I really don't even have measurements to go on, just their dress sizes. I don't even know any kids their ages or sizes, so I looked up a sizing chart and I'm going off of those measurements. The tops are halter style that tie, so hopefully as long as I'm in the right ballpark size-wise fit won't be too big of an issue. I won't even get to see them on the girls except through pictures. I almost have the one completed and I'm excited. It will be a vast improvement on the pillowcase-style dresses they got last summer. They were cute, but I hadn't been sewing long and it was very clear. =) I'm too tired to work on it anymore tonight - I'll end up making a mistake and getting frustrated and frustrated sewing never turns out well for me. Stay tuned...

No comments: