Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mad Dash

Olivia and Isabelle are going to a dance day camp this week - at least 3 days this week, anyway.  Tomorrow is the last day, and they have a fashion show.  I had assumed the director had dress up clothes or something for them to wear, but the note she sent home today said we were to bring something for them to wear.  Honestly, my kids don't have much in the way of fancy or dress up clothes.  I have made them pretty practical clothes to wear and we hardly ever go anywhere that anything nicer is needed.  And, of course, if my kids are going to be in a fashion show, they MUST wear something that I made.  I mean, come on.  It may be the only time my creations are ever on a runway.  =)

I racked my brain all afternoon, taking a mental inventory of what they had.  I debated on Easter dresses, but I was never in love with those.  I remembered this cute little outfit I whipped up for Isabelle last month:


Too cute =)  And I figured it was pretty much perfect for the fashion show.  It took me a while to find it - it was buried in a hamper under a comforter (along with a bunch of other missing laundry), so I've washed it up and need to iron it.  Ick - I hate ironing if it's not a part of sewing.

I couldn't think of anything else, so I decided to make something.  I have a ton of bandanas and I decided to experiment with making a corset dress out of a white bandana and some black fabric I had.  No picture yet, because corsets don't look right unless something is filling them out.  It only took me about an hour from start to finish.  I hope it is cute on her, but we'll have to wait until the morning to see.  I probably should come up with some back up outfit just in case.  And shoes for them to wear.  We have a billion shoes, but never anything that goes with anything - how is that?

Oh, and I got a picture of Zoe in the crocheted dress:


She's such a cute little nut.  The dress is cute, but the crocheted part stretches more than I thought it would - especially the straps.  Maybe when I wash it, it will shrink a bit

No comments: