Saturday, July 31, 2010

Isabelle

I mentioned before that I had found some fabric in a line named "Isabelle" and , of course, had to buy some for MY Isabelle.  I only had 1/2 a yard and I racked my brain for something to do that was not  pillowcase/bandana style or a corset.  Then a tutorial popped up yesterday for an adorable top, and I decided it was perfect.  It's by Sew Totally Smitten.

And here is my version of her Cinderella top:

Pretend the pants match, she was really excited and wouldn't wait for me to find other pants - it was this or underwear for her =)
 
I love it =)  I made a couple of mistakes when I enlarged the pattern a bit, totally my fault and the result of me trying to think at 9pm at night.  It used every bit of my 1/2 yard - I seriously only had little scraps left over.  I am definitely going to make another one, making it a dress, I think.  I had never tried pleats before and they were kinda fun =)  A little bit more work than gathering up ruffles, but easier and neater to sew onto the garment. 


No comments: