Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Let's play catch-up!

So, I know I haven't been posting much (not that anyone reads this to notice =P), but I have been busy. I'll give you a quick run-down of the things I've been up to:

Mom's Mother's Day pillow Gram's Mother's Day pillow Nana's Mother's Day pillow

Pillows for Mother's Day. They were all made using the "Hug Pillow" tutorial on From An Igloo.

Alex's RPSLS bleached tshirt

A bleach pen designed shirt for my nephew - that's Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.

Chela's dress Chela's dress

A dress for my niece, Chela. Unfortunately, I got word this morning that it's too short. It's OK for "around the house" wearing, but a bit too short for wearing out. Sad. But considering I made it without knowing her measurements, I'm happy that the rest of it fits. =) It was made using the "In The Garden" dress tutorial at From An Igloo.


Dragonfly bleached tshirt "Razorback" bleached and dyed tshirt

More bleach pen shirts. The Razorback (or rather, Razorblob, as I like to call it) was made by bleaching the design and then dying the entire tshirt red. Of course, since it was black, only the bleached section turned red. Super cool... I'm going to experiment with this more.

White "Beachcomber" shirt Gray "Beachcomber" shirt Black "Beachcomber" Dress

And, of course, I didn't forget my kiddos. These super-cute dresses/shirts came from Ruffles & Stuff's "Beachcomber Dress" tutorial. Of course, except for Zoe, my kids are much bigger than hers, so they are much shorter garments. But they make excellent shirts, too. I bought a 3 pack of tshirts for them, and I'm experimenting on turning the rest of the shirts into shorts (using the sleeves). I'll let you know how that goes.


Right now, I'm working on a "from scratch" project. Straight from my very own brain. I'm trying to take pictures so that I can post a tutorial when I'm done, but I'm not too good at breaking my concentration for that. =) I couldn't find a tutorial like it online, so I'm trying. I'll keep you posted.


No comments: