Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My baby is almost 3

It's hard to believe... my sweet little Dodo is going to be 3 on Friday.  But, if you ask her, she will tell you that she's 5 and will be turning 10 on Friday.  She's so funny. 

She has been asking for earrings for about a month now.  I don't remember her sisters ever requesting anything for their birthdays at 3, but this is what she wants.  I've explained to her that she will have to have her ears pierced and that it hurts, but she does not care.  Her older sisters have their ears pierced and she wants earrings, too.  I got Olivia's ears pierced the first time she had her hair all cut off (yes, this is a recurring theme in our house... with all three of them)... she was 2.  Bill took Izzy to get hers when she was about 2 also.  He swears he will never again participate in that ever again.  I'm not too thrilled about it myself.  That's why Zoe doesn't have pierced ears yet.  I'm kind of dreading it.

She also asked for a sock monkey hat when I was making my nephew's Christmas present.  That I can handle.  =)  I didn't want to make the same hat I've made a dozen times now.  I thought she needed something special.  This is what I came up with:

Zoe's sock monkey hat

Now, what I wanted to make for her was a stuffed Dodo.  I found this pattern one day and have been dying to make it.  When I started it, the first thing I noticed was how small it is.  It is so tiny.  It took me no time at all to finish it and I can't wait to give it to her.

Dodo's little dodo

Finally, I ran across this pattern the other day and decided Zoe also needed a party hat.  I don't have a picture of it just yet, but it's black and white striped with pink polka dots, trim, and pom pom.  And a pink "3".  =)  Hopefully she won't be too disappointed that it doesn't have a "10" on it.  ;)  It's a great (and free) pattern, by the way.  It has two layers of crochet with plastic canvas (and I was just shocked that I actually had plastic canvas on hand) in between, so it is very sturdy.  If I hadn't put the "3" on it, she could use it year after year.  I'm sure I'll be making more.

I'm so excited for her to get all the goodies I made for her.  Not so excited about the ear piercing...  Maybe hugging her little dodo will make the pain more bearable.

No comments: