Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Some Christmas sewing

Earlier in the Christmas season, I had huge plans to make most of our Christmas gifts.  Sisters-in-law, nieces and nephews, kids...  I was a bit too ambitious in my planning.  I wanted to make some amigurumi dolls for the girls, but there just was not enough time.  I hated not giving them anything handmade, though.  Not that they care, really.  But I do.  Over the past few weeks, I've found some really pretty non-traditional bandannas and snatched them up to sew into dresses.  Tonight I finally got around to sewing together 3 dresses.  I have a few more to sew up, but they can wait until after Christmas.  I don't have enough to give each one 2 dresses and heaven knows we don't want that kind of drama, so I just did one each.


 I've had these bandannas for months, actually.  It's not a color I normally go for (it's more peachy in person), but I think the girls will like it.  It doesn't matter who gets which dress, because all three wear the same clothes.


 The thing with bandannas is that they usually aren't cut very precisely.  Especially these.  Because of the nature of the dress, it's not normally an issue, so I'm hoping the fact that these were WAY  off doesn't effect how the dress hangs.


I think this one is my favorite.  I didn't even realize it was the same pattern as the other one, because I bought them at different stores at different times.  I like the color better on this one. 

I think they'll look so cute on the girls with some turtlenecks, leggings, and their new boots Santa is bringing.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments: